Not familiar with Bees Make Honey? Please check out our About page & Manifesto.
Bees Make Honey requires blogs for the following areas (but will consider any topic, feel free to email with any queries) –
Music, art, craft, film, literature, theatre, creative journalism, blogging, design. We hope to express views from all the cogs in the great wheel… individual artists, writers, curators, producers, publishers, editors, actors, directors and technical support.
A few suggestions on content…
- What gems of worldly wisdom do you have for the grassroots, who wish to make a living in creative industries?
- How do you feel about the present state of your industry and what do you hope will change?
- How have you used the internet to your advantage?
- What resources can you recommend to others, be they local or global?
- What problems have you faced, and how did you overcome these?
- Are you aware of any sources of financial support offered in your specialism?
- What sort of educational courses do you recommend to someone without money to burn?
A few suggestions on style and practical issues…
- Feel free to fill your blogs with personality and humour, vent frustrations, and purge yourself of demons!
- Include an image or two, keep it short and snappy, and include links to other websites (if these are cluttering things up too much, list them all at the end).
- If you don’t feel you are much of a wordsmith, we are happy to chew your fodder and regurgitate it as something pretty!
- Please be open to editorial suggestions.
- We suggest a guideline limit of around a 1000 words, but will consider any length if it is crucial to the nature of the piece!
- Include a brief personal biog and links for your personal work
All enquires and submissions – email@example.com
Attach submissions as a word doc or similar.
Over & owt…Fox