As part of Memories of the Future we will be exhibiting & selling traditional & digital photography by independent creative practitioners. They will be exhibited in the pop-up space for five days & will be available for sale through website for 60 days. We are running an open call for photographers to be a part of this until 31st August, details as follows –
- We are primarily looking for Fine Art photography (personal projects) rather than commercial/promotional photography, but will consider anything with a relationship to the other creative fields we are promoting – music, filmmaking, games & various types of literature
- We are looking to sell small selections of photographs by artists, you are welcome to submit up to 6 example photographs via email, or submit a link to a relevant section of your photography blog or Flickr page
- Any images emailed must be Jpeg or similar format
- We are particularly interested in experiments with unusual traditional & contemporary formats, such as daguerreotype, pinhole & Polaroids
- If you’re wishing to submit images that only exist in a physical format you may either send a digital representation of this, or we could arrange for it to be mailed, or we can arrange a meet-up, if you live locally. We are based in Nottingham but we’re likely to be making trips to Derby, Leicester & Sheffield in the next few months.
- The project space will not have an age-limit for audiences except for specific events or areas (like the mini-cinema), as such we will not be able to accept images strongly unsuitable for a young audience
- Images & products will be stocked on a sale-or-return basis for 60 days (55 days will be only through our e-commerce site), successful products may be sold through the website for a longer period
- At the moment our commission for the project week is set at 25%, but please note this may be subject to change. Commission will be 30% for sales through the e-commerce site after the 12th October. Where possible we endeavour to give artists a fair deal
- Please include a brief bio, your contact details & any internet profiles in your submission email. You must be 16+ to be eligible
- You must be a current resident or former resident of the UK to be considered
- We primarily want to support regional UK talent (creative communities outside London) but everything will be considered
DEADLINE 31ST AUGUST 2013
For submissions & enquiries please email Kirsty – email@example.com
If you would like to be added to our mailing list, please fill out the contact form below. We will not share your details with third parties.