As part of Memories of the Future – an analogue meets digital pop-up project – we are looking to work with small independent publishers & writers to sell & promote work.
- We aim to stock a large selection of books & magazines produced by independents and niche publishers.
- We are interested in all genres of fiction, poetry, graphic novels & comics. Non-fiction will be considered particularly if it’s relevant to the other themes & products shown in the space, e.g. Photography books.
- We are keen to stock unusual, artisan books & book-binding experiments – anything which celebrates the ‘book object’.
- We will be selling & promoting digital publishing through our e-commerce site, so are open to stocking ebooks & e-zines.
- We will consider self-published books that exist in print, if we feel the quality is good enough. I’m afraid we cannot consider self-published novels that only exists as an ebook, simply because we know we’d be inundated with requests & never have time to sift through! We do support independent authors though, so will be asking Awesome Indies to handpick some British gems.
- We are interested in digital experiments & multi-media collaborations. As not all of this will be suitable for selling, we will be exhibiting it on rotation in our New Media Writing Kiosk. This will be for narrative web platforms, apps, narrative games, interactive ebooks & so-on. (In this case we realise most work will be self-published.)
- The shop will be based in Nottingham, but we aim to promote a range of local & regional publishers (we will favour those outside of London).
- Due to practical constraints we can only accept submissions from those residing (or formly residing) in the UK & EIRE.
- Products will be sold on a 60 day minimum sale-or-return basis (for five days in the physical pop-up space & the remaining through our e-commerce site). Where possible we want to deal with makers & publishers directly, rather than through a distributor. We aim to keep commission low, we have currently outlined 25% for the physical shop & 30% online, but please note this may be subject to change.
DEADLINE 31ST AUGUST 2013
For queries & submissions please email email@example.com
If you would like to stay up-to-date on the project, you can follow us on facebook & twitter, and/or sign up to our newsletter using the contact form below. We will not share your details with third parties.