As part of Memories of the Future – an analogue meets digital pop-up project – we are looking to work with small independent labels and musicians to sell and promote work.
- We aim to stock a large selection of new vinyl from small DIY record labels.
- Customers will be able to listen to records in store. The desk will be manned by a knowledgeable person who will handle the vinyl and offer advice.
- Products will be stocked on a sale-or-return basis for a minimum of 60 days. The first five days will be in the physical shop, the remaining time will be through our e-commerce site. Successful products may also be stocked for future events.
- We have currently outlined 25% commission for the physical shop and 30% online, but please note this may be subject to change. Where possible we intend to work directly with labels, rather than through distributors, in order to keep commissions and other costs to a minimum.
- We will also promote digital music through our website, so if customers prefer to access the music this way they can.
- Aims for the project include increasing awareness of existing record shops, labels and the DIY scene, as such we are working closely with project partners such as The Music Exchange.
- We are open to all genres of music.
- We aim for Memories of the Future to be a community space where new audiences are encouraged to engage with the independent creative scene, forge new relationships and collaborate.
- The shop will be based in Nottingham, but we aim to promote both local and regional labels (mostly based outside of London).
- Due to practical constraints we are not open to submissions from outside the UK & EIRE.
For more details please email Dan – firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE 31ST AUGUST 2013
If you would like to sign up to our newletter to stay up to date on the project, please fill out the contact form below. We will not share your details with third parties.